Question:
When changing between 2 airlines will they check bags to my final destination or do I have to pick them up?
hleegeorgia
2006-04-19 18:35:50 UTC
When changing between 2 airlines will they check bags to my final destination or do I have to pick them up?
Ten answers:
yafetweka
2006-04-19 18:41:45 UTC
It does depend. When you check in at the first airport, usually they ask you what your final destination is. When I flew Milwaukee to Newark to Frankfurt to Addis Ababa they checked all the way through. When I flew from Milwaukee to Chicago to DC to Miami to Lima they did not because the Lima flight was after midnight.

If you want to know ahead of time, just call the airline you are flying with first.
Little Britches
2006-04-20 01:44:39 UTC
I have flown quite a bit, mainly Southwest, US Airways and Delta. Every time even when I had to change planes twice to get somewhere my bags were always checked for me. I never went to get them until I made it to my final stop. However, seeing as some other people have experienced having to pick them up in between flights, to avoid much hassle and aggervation on your trip I would check with the airline for sure!
aravindnair2000
2006-04-20 01:38:36 UTC
I have been to many places so it depends. When I go to India, I go via Paris. I pick my bags at the final destination
baldy
2006-04-20 01:42:43 UTC
I've just returned from Asia, and they sent my luggage to my final destination. The good news was that everything was there and nothing was damaged!
ChristopherC
2006-04-20 01:37:50 UTC
As far as I have ever seen you have to pick up your baggage between flights. Of course with all the other mix ups that I had that day, it may not be the case.
professionalfemale01
2006-04-20 01:37:46 UTC
They usually send them to your final destination. You only have to worry about your carry-ons.
liljohn732
2006-04-20 01:41:27 UTC
just worry about moving your carryon

they will take care of the rest.

all my flights were on the way to or from iraq so the army took car of mine

good luck
Bored
2006-04-20 01:37:10 UTC
ask at the check in to check them through for you usually yes
calle241031
2006-04-20 02:03:57 UTC
National...No International? yes, most of the time... your city of entry for emigration and customs
blkhawk1000
2006-04-20 01:41:49 UTC
YES THEY WILL ALL THE WAY TO YOUR LAST STOP.

i JUST GOT BACK FROM GREESE HAD TO CHANGE PLNS 4 TIMES HADE 4 PCS LUGAGE ALL HOME SAME TIME